The day of the writing consult finally arrived!
I was prepared:
- I had a hard copy of the submission as well as a digital copy on a flash drive.
- I had pens. (Yes, those ancient instruments!)
- I’d read the submission a couple of times and stopped when I focussed too much on things I’d change.
- I reflected on the story: the characters; the settings; the language… why I’d chosen certain words, etc.
- I had ideas how the story could be improved.
- I arrived an hour early.
I was excited! Oddly enough, I wasn’t nervous or apprehensive at all.
So, what did they say?
Writer Guy: I liked this story. Your writing is very good so my suggestions are stylistic.
Me: (happy, surprised silence).
Writer Guy is a graduate of an accredited post-secondary writing program and is a working, published writer.
Since his comments were stylistic, he pointed out that other people…
View original post 423 more words